Singapore House Mover - Moving Tips & Checklist
Mover Useful Tips
- Are your desks, cupboards, drawers emptied?
- Are your supply cabinets cleared?
- Are all wall items removed and labelled?
- Are breakable items properly packed?
- Are the carriages on your typewriter centred?
- Are the equipment in your office disconnected?
- Have you backed up computer data on disks?
- Are your computer components properly disconnected and labelled?
- Are all liquids drained from your equipment?
- Are your desks and chairs labelled?
- Are the furniture not to be moved clearly marked?
|Make the right move now by choosing us as your preferred movers.|
|2 Easy Steps : 1.Get Quotes 2.Confirmation You're on the move !|
|Click here for free moving, removal, delivery, disposal, storage quotations.|
Have you done the following before your actual move?
- Label all cartons with their basic contents and their designated rooms. Each carton has to be sealed securely with packing tape and be sure all items are well padded and fit snugly in the carton or container.
- Lampshades has to be packed in separate cartons.
- Wrap dishes individually with paper or air-bubble materials.
- Movable parts attached to appliances and stereos has to be secured properly or place these appliances into their original cartons.
- Small appliances should be well padded and packed snugly in cartons. The weight of each carton should not exceed 20kg.
- Freezer and refrigerator has to be defrosted, cleaned and deodorised prior to the move.
- Drain garden hose, coil and collect ends. Tie or tape garden tools together.
- Inventorise all your items for the move.
- Discard, sell or give away things you won’t want to keep.
- Return all library books and borrowed items.
- Use or get rid of perishable items.
- Go to any police post to effect change of address, and as their system is linked to all government bodies, your new address will be updated accordingly. In addition, you should notify your lawyer, doctor, magazine & newspaper distributor, bank & finance companies, credit & charge card companies, employer, friends, etc., about your change of address.
- Arrange with relevant authorities to cut-off utilities and telephone lines.
- Make arrangements for moving of your pets.
- Generally, self packing will take about 2 weeks to complete. As such, start your packing as early as possible.
- It is important to set aside essential items for easy access, eg. Medicine, clothing, infant food, pet-food, cheque books.