Travel Guard Policy Exclusions
The Policy will not cover any loss, injury, damage or legal liability arising directly or indirectly from:
- Insured not taking all reasonable efforts in safeguarding property or avoiding injury;
- Participation in extreme sports and sporting activities;
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases, AIDS, HIV infections and AIDS related infections;
- Mental or nervous disorders;
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions;
- Suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self-inflicted injuries;
- Childbirth & Pregnancy (except for coverage under Section 3 and Section 7);
- When insured is not fit to travel or travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitioner;
- Insured travelling as an operator or crew member in a private aircraft or Common Carrier;
- Engaging in naval, military, air force service or operations, or testing of any conveyance, or engaging in Manual Work..
PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITION means any condition for which:
- You received medical treatment, diagnosis, consultation or prescribed drugs within a twelve (12) month period preceding the commencement of a Trip; or
- Medical advice or treatment was recommended by a Medical Practitioner within a twelve (12) month period preceding the commencement of a Trip; or
- A reasonable person in the circumstances would be expected to be aware of within a twelve (12) month period preceding the commencement of a Trip.
AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. will not cover any loss, injury, damage or legal liability arising directly or indirectly from travel in, to, or through Afghanistan, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan or Syria.
Note: Please refer to the travel insurance Policy for specific terms, conditions & exclusions.