AIG Family Travel Insurance Plan
Travel Guard® is underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd.
Travel insurance policy document shall be email to Insured instantly upon successful activation.
AIG lets you travel the world with ease of mind. Travel Guard® will take care of your travel needs while you explore the world in complete freedom. Be it for a short business trip or an extended family holiday, we provide you with 24-hour worldwide comprehensive protection with our wide range of comprehensive product benefits and services. To purchase simply submit Online Quotation / Proposal forms.
- Family Per Trip Plan:, the Insured Person will comprise of:
a) maximum of 2 adults who need not be related and who are named in the Policy Schedule as the Insured(s)
b) unlimited no. of Children who are unemployed, where each Child must be legally related to either of the 2 insured adults. The family must travel and return together at the same time.
- Family Annual Multi-Trip Plan, the Insured Person will comprise
a) maximum of 2 adults who are husband and wife and legally married to each other, and who are named in the Policy Schedule as the Insured(s); and
b) their natural or legally adopted Child or Children who are dependent on either or both of them for financial support, provided that the Child or Children must be accompanied by at least one of the adults mentioned in (a) above on the entire Trip.
Child or Children shall mean an unmarried person or persons not older than 18 years of age or below 23 years of age if such person(s) is enrolled to study full-time in a recognized institution of learning or higher learning during the Policy period.
- Per Trip means a single trip departing and returning to Singapore which does not exceed 182 consecutive days.
- Annual Multi-Trip is most suited for frequent travelers as it provides maximum cost savings and convenience. You can have unlimited number of trips during the policy period specified in the policy schedule, where each trip shall not exceed 90 consecutive days from the date of departure to the date of return to Singapore.
Commencement of Coverage
- Travel Cancellation (Section 18) and Travel Postponement (Section 19) benefit is effective either: (a) 60 days before the date of departure, or (b) from the Policy issuance date which must be at least 3 days before the departure date (date of departure inclusive) for this benefit to respond, whichever is later.
- Travel Cancellation due to Insolvency benefit (Section 20) is effective from the Policy issuance date (which must be at least 3 days before the departure date, excluding date of departure)
- Personal Accident Protection (Section 15) commences 3 hours before the Insured Person(s) leave(s) his permanent place of residence or office for a direct journey to the place of embarkation in Singapore and cease(s) whenever any of the following occurs first: (a) when the period specified in the policy has expired, (b) when the Insured Person(s) return(s) to his/her/their permanent place of residence, or (c) within 3 hours upon arrival back in Singapore.
Cover for all other benefits shall commence at the later of the departure date shown on the policy schedule or the time of departure from Singapore to travel to the intended destination(s) Overseas.
Duplicate & Refund Coverage
- If the Insured Person is covered by more than 1 travel insurance policy underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. for the same trip, we will consider the person to be insured only under the Policy which provides the highest benefit level.
- No refund of premium is allowed once the Per-Trip Policy has been issued.
- Refund of premium for Annual Policy is as indicated in the Policy Wording terms and condition.
For more details please refer to travel insurance policy terms, conditions & exclusions.