AIG Individual Travel Insurance Plan
Travel Guard® is underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd.
Travel insurance policy document shall be email to Insured instantly upon successful activation.
Travel Guard lets you travel the world in complete freedom, knowing you have the most comprehensive protection. Be it for a short business trip or extended family holiday, Per Trip or Annual Multi-Trip, you can choose your plan from the widest range of benefits and services. To purchase simply submit Online Quotation / Proposal forms.
- Per Trip means a single trip departing and returning to Singapore which does not exceed 182 consecutive days.
- Individual Annual Multi-Trip are most suited for frequent travelers as it provide maximum cost savings and convenience. Opt for an Annual Plan and you can have unlimited number of trips during the policy period specified in the policy schedule, where each trip shall not exceed 90 consecutive days from the date of departure to the date of return to Singapore.
Commencement of Coverage
- Travel Cancellation (Section 18) and Travel Postponement (Section 19) benefit is effective either: (a) 60 days before the date of departure, or (b) from the Policy issuance date which must be at least 3 days before the departure date (date of departure inclusive) for this benefit to respond, whichever is later.
- Travel Cancellation due to Insolvency benefit (Section 20) is effective from the Policy issuance date (which must be at least 3 days before the departure date, excluding date of departure)
- Personal Accident Protection (Section 15) commences 3 hours before the Insured Person(s) leave(s) his permanent place of residence or office for a direct journey to the place of embarkation in Singapore and cease(s) whenever any of the following occurs first: (a) when the period specified in the policy has expired, (b) when the Insured Person(s) return(s) to his/her/their permanent place of residence, or (c) within 3 hours upon arrival back in Singapore.
Cover for all other benefits shall commence at the later of the departure date shown on the policy schedule or the time of departure from Singapore to travel to the intended destination(s) Overseas.
Duplicate & Refund Coverage
- If the Insured Person is covered by more than 1 travel insurance policy underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. for the same trip, we will consider the person to be insured only under the Policy which provides the highest benefit level.
- No refund of premium is allowed once the Per-Trip Policy has been issued.
- If the Policy is cancelled less than 6 months from the Policy effective date, a short rate will apply except if there has been a claim against the Policy during that time-period. There will be no refund for cancellation of a policy after 9 months from the Policy effective date.
|Cancellation of Policy||Refund %|
|Within 1 to 6 months||50%|
|Between 7 to 9 months||15%|
|After 9 months||0%|
|Claims filed during policy period||0%|
For more details please refer to travel insurance policy terms, conditions & exclusions.