AIG Student Assist Travel Insurance FAQ
1. When would Student Assist start and end?
Coverage will begin on the latter of the following:
i) The Insured Person’s departure from his Home Country; or
ii) The date the Application and premium are received by AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. or its designated representative or
iii) The date requested on the Application
Coverage will end on the earlier of the following:
i) The Insured Person’s permanent return to his Home Country
ii) The date the Insured Person ceases to be an Eligible Person
iii) The date requested in the Enrolment Form for which premium has been paid
2. Can my parents enrol on my behalf after my departure from Singapore?
Yes! Enrolment by parents/authorised representatives is acceptable. Policy will be effected at date of enrolment upon receipt of full premium.
3. I have completed my first year of study and going for my second year. Can I apply for Student Assist?
Yes! Policy will be effective at date of enrolment upon receipt of full premium.
4. If I courier/freight some personal belongings to the country of study before my departure, will those properties be covered in case of loss/damage?
Only luggage & personal effects that the Insured travels with (i.e. accompanying luggage) will be covered.
5. How is the Hospital Visit benefit (Section 5) applicable in the event that no one is with insured for the duration of insured’s stay in hospital overseas?
Hospital Visit Benefit will provide a round-trip economy class air ticket, or first class railway ticket, to allow the immediate family member to be at the bedside of the Insured for the duration of the stay in the hospital. Accommodation charges for the visiting family member will also be covered for the duration of Insured’s hospitalization from the 6th day onwards. This is subject to a maximum of S$320 per day up to the maximum limit specified in the plan selected
6. What is the refund arrangement for a) 6 months Student Assist, b) Annual Student Assist Policy?
(a) For 6 months Policy, there will be no refund of premium once policy
(b) If the Annual Policy is cancelled less than 6 months from the Policy effective date, a short rate refund of 50% premium will apply except if there has been a claim against the Policy during the period of insurance. There will be no refund for cancellation of a policy after 6 months from the Policy effective date.
7. While ski-ing in France, I met an accident and injured myself badly. I needed to be evacuated back to Singapore for urgent Treatment and the evacuation costs amounts to AUD$100,000.
Student Assist provides unlimited Emergency Medical Evacuation (Section 2) and is able to arrange for the necessary means of evacuation, depending on severity of insured’s conditions (i.e. air/surface ambulance, railroad etc) to evacuate insured to another location or Singapore for prompt medical treatment.
8. My father is hospitalized in Singapore for a week and I need to return to Singapore urgently to check on his well-being mid-way during my School semester.
Student Assist offers 2-way Hospital Visits (Section 5). We will pay for the reasonable transport expenses (round trip economy class ticket etc) incurred to visit and stay with your immediate Family Member for the duration of his/her hospital Confinement. Vice-versa, we will also pay for reasonable travel and accommodation expenses incurred by insured’s relative to visit Insured who is hospitalized for more than 5 days in Australia.
9. I met an accident in Japan and will be under Hospital confinement for more than 1 month. As such, I am unable to continue with my studies for the remaining part of the school semester in Tokyo University for which Tuition Fee has been paid.
Student Assist offers Study Interruption benefits (Section 8) and will reimburse insured the Tuition Fee which has already been paid in advance to the Educational Institution (up to the claims limit) in the highlighted event.
10. My Father, who is paying for my Tuition fee met an accident in Singapore and suffered permanent injures within 90 days of the Accident. He is unable to continue with his work and I face financial difficulty to continue payment of my unpaid Tuition fee.
Student Assist offers Sponsor Protection (Section 9) and will reimburse insured for any unpaid Tuition Fee which insured’s Sponsor is liable for. The reimbursement amount is up to the claims limit of the Policy.
11. I locked up my Laptop Computer in my hostel before proceeding for my class in the University. Upon returning to the hostel, I realized that my Laptop is missing.
Student Assist offers coverage for Laptop Computer (Section 11) due to Burglary, theft or natural disasters occurring at insured’s permanent place of residence overseas/ hotel accommodation if insured is travelling overseas during his/her School vacation.
12. I am riding my bicycle down a steep slope in USA and lost control of the bicycle. As a result, I crashed into the bumper of a stationary car parked at the side of the road. I sustained some bruises on my body and the driver of the vehicle is claiming for the damages to his vehicle.
Insured can file in claim under Personal Liability Abroad (Section 15) where Student Assist will indemnify the insured for his/her liability to a 3rd party arising due to death/injury to a 3rd party or accidental loss of/damage to the property of the 3rd party. Insured can also filed claim for the medical expenses incurred for treatment of the injuries sustained under Accident Medical Expenses (Section 1).
13. There is a suspected outbreak of H5N22 virus in the School Compound. Due to close proximity within the hostel, I am infected with the virus, leading to complications to my immune system and had to be treated urgently in the local Australia Hospital. The medical bills amounts to AUD$3,000.
Medical Expenses in Australia can be very costly, especially after taking into consideration the currency conversion rate. Student Assist offers Optional Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses cover which allows insured to claim up to the respective claim limit (depending on choice of Plan A/B/C) for sickness treatment overseas. There is an excess of S$100 per claim under this Section. As such, Student Assist will be reimbursing the balance of the medical bill.
Note: Please refer to the Policy for the specific terms, conditions & exclusions.
This document is not a contract of insurance and is intended for general information purposes only. The precise terms, conditions and exclusions of this plan are specified in the Policy. AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. (“Company”) shall not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind, howsoever caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of any information or materials contained in this document. This document is owned by the Company and no materials or information contained in this document shall be copied, reproduced or republished, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way except as expressly permitted by the Company
Call us at (65) 6419 3000 or submit enquiry form to find out how can we help you better.
We'll be most happy to answer any queries and attend to your needs.